Friday 8 November 2013

SHOP WHAT YOU GOT WEEK 1 ROUND UP

It has been 7 days since we started iCurvy's  "Shop What You Got" challenge and the first week has been fairly easy (as expected)

This past week has been hectic in a general sense, so my outfits were kept pretty simple and somewhat boring. I think this weekend I am going to make an effort to plan more of next weeks outfit.

Tuesday was Melbourne Cup day and I wore a dress that I picked up on the weekend (and that filled my number 30 spot on the list "To Be Purchased"). I was so unsure about the shift dress, but I have received so many compliments about it.

 
L-R Day 1, Day 2 part one, Day 2 part two, Day 3

L-R Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7


My ASOS order was an epic fail (I returned 3 of the 4 items) so I updated my list with a few substitutions.

One thing I've noticed from following #shopwhatyougot on Instagram is that my outfits are so basic compared to some of the ladies participating. I feel as if it may look like I've just chosen basic pieces just to make it easy to match, but in all honestly, this is the general look of my everyday style. I don't own nearly as many clothes as I once did - so I stick to basic items that I can mix and match.

You can follow my daily outfit posts (including where items are from) on Instagram @hanketteblog

Let me know if you are joining in on the challenge
x


1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks like an amazing challenge! You are doing a great job. I absolutely love your blog and I can't wait to read future posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete